Friday, June 8, 2012

Completeness

Well, I thought it would never be done and have almost expired in the process BUT I finally managed to complete all of my study requirements for the semester. I hate rushing the creative process and forceful squashing of the perfectionist in me was required numerous times (eeek!) in order to make the finish line... but I did it!

I am forever grateful for those that have so patiently and consistently heard my wails of despair!!!  It has been a long and arduous year and I am so thankful for their generosity and support.

From the outside looking in, you could be forgiven for thinking that all this emotional turmoil is hardly worth the effort but as always for me, it is all in the personal learning journey and I have learnt a multitude of lessons here.  Of most note are these - one, that it definitely is worth it (easy to say in hindsight I know!) and the other - that I must prioritise time for quiet reflection if my life is to have true purpose and meaning.

With the benefit of some of space now (and soon to be energy I hope!) that will be my focus.

Perfection

After dragging my poor daughter and her friend out of bed on their day off yesterday (so that I could hand in my work), we spent a wonderful day wandering around the City.  Perfect!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo to finishing! Fantastic achievement given what the year has dished out to you. Sounds like you've learnt more than you were expecting when you started the year - here's to some quiet reflection time now!

    Great photos as always - love the shot of the teachers - it's a sad state of affairs when the educators of our children are treated so appallingly by the government - come on Mr Bailleu - give them what they want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts never fail to move me in some way and yes I echo Yenny's sentiments "woo hoo to finishing". From the sidelines I too have learnt something from your sharing :)
    ps : love the photos particularly to water one.

    ReplyDelete