Sunday, July 1, 2012

Smile

I am off to my grandmother's home this afternoon, although sadly she will not be there.  She passed away a few months ago and our family are gathering at her place for the last time.

I came across this video yesterday (https://vimeo.com/44041666) which reminded me in particular, of my grandfather.  He wore a similar hat, had lovely eyes and was always a great advocate for "happiness".  What I wouldn't do to feel his rough, warm hands in mine once more.

My grandmother on the other hand, loved nothing better than a good argument and her son (my dad) was a great match for her - fun and fire!

I am sad that I will never see my loving grandparents again yet there is comfort in my sense that they are together once more.

3 comments:

  1. I love that song and what a moving clip. I saw the last little bit of African Queen last night which reminded me of him :)

    ReplyDelete