Friday, October 24, 2014

So-and-So

For all its ups and downs, I have come to conclude that blogging is a practice that helps ground me. In my last post back in January, I was enthusiastic, inspired and clear about my direction. I was ready to rock and roll!

That was nine long months ago and I think the obvious absence of 'Just Jubby' reflects my detachment from the passion and spirit of that person.

So, what happened?

In March this year I decided to withdraw completely from my course. I was frustrated with my studies and keen to forge ahead with my own creative journey - to be a genuine and self-motivated artist!

My hopes and ambitions were high but sadly little has been done since then toward advancing that dream. I have hardly read, written or created. I have been bedridden on three occasions with respiratory illnesses and considering that I am the person known in my household as the one with the cast-iron constitution, it has rocked my confidence and left me feeling fragile.

So, why?

In reflecting and sharing since I was last unwell (two weeks ago), it has become apparent that fears and worries have once again gotten the better of me. I was taking on responsibility for things that were beyond my brief which has taken a toll on my mental and emotional resources. I have lost my way.

So, what now?

It is back to the drawing board, literally and metaphorically :) Experience tells me that it is time to regain some power, trust my instinct, and get back to following my heart.

So, how?

You may have heard of Don Miguel Ruiz's Four Agreements, well here are Jubby's Four Practices:
Presence
Patience
Productivity
Persistence

Onwards and upwards people!!!

2 comments:

  1. love it! isn't it great once you have found "your way" that when you veer off track (which of course we all do) all you need is a little realigning...go for gold just jubby :)

    ReplyDelete