Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jubby

Finally the quiet day I had been hankering for in order that I could complete my Jubby Doll!

A few weeks ago I had my first attempt at dying fabric - lace for Jubby's dress. It didn't turn out as bright as I would have liked but I didn't have time to experiment. I actually wouldn't normally work with lace but the pattern I was following did, so I thought that I would give it a go in my own unique way (Creative Cloth Doll Faces by Patti Medaris Culea)

I really enjoyed making Jubby and am pleased that I overcame the hurdles that it took to get her finished.  If anything, I am most satisfied with that simple fact - that I have seen a project through to completion :)  I feel surprisingly free and inspired and overall I am happy with the result.

She will sit in my studio now and be an ever-present reminder to me of what is possible if I am patient and persistent.  Thanks Jubby... and thanks Mum!

6 comments:

  1. You did it! You did it! Jubby is fantastic - what an inspiration she will be and what an inspiration you are. I love that she's a project you completed with your Mum - she would be very impressed with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would indeed! Many thanks Yenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, she is spectacular!! She looks particularly majestic in that first photo filled with a quiet confidence in herself - how apt! Lovely to see Jubby come to life and may she be always a wonderful source of inspiration. Your Mum would be thrilled (ha ha)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "ha ha" indeed my friend! Thanks for popping in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She turned out wonderful, Jubby! What an inspiring and special muse!

    ReplyDelete