Monday, January 16, 2012

Priorities

Well, as predicted, all quiet on the creative-front since my lovely family arrived home from their holiday.  It has been so wonderful to have them all home again but it has been a struggle to readjust my pace as well as give myself permission to get back to work.  Suffice to say that the Jubby Doll has lain dormant.

I was inspired by a post on the Daily OM a few days ago about Embracing Your Muse and am keen to get going on Jubby again today.  A little trip to the craft shop first and then we'll see how we go.

I came across a remarkable Melbourne artist recently - Michael Peck http://www.michaelpeckart.com/

Michael uses his art as a way of expressing some of his anxieties and sees it as a positive way to connect with people and relieve some of the loneliness that fear provokes in us (http://www.metrogallery.com.au/exhibitions/46/michael-peck-the-landing/)

His words resonated with me because it is in part my artistic driving force.  I am a deep thinker and observer and get frustrated by my inability to express my thoughts adequately or articulately to others.  Being creative and getting deeply absorbed in my work is a tremendously rewarding and satisfying outlet for me.

The challenge for me is in identifying it as important enough for me to see it as a priority.

What inspires or helps you to do the things that you feel passionate about?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing painting.
    It's recently become clear to me that what helps me do the things I feel passionate about is my awareness of the positive difference it makes to my "day to day", energy levels and emotional wellbeing. I like you can struggle to make creativity a priority however I have just started by creating a "sewing day" in my week....so far so good :)...good luck with the jubby doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can be very hard to give creativity the priority it requires. I get inspired by hearing of others doing what they do - like you : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of putting set time aside to create and I too get a buzz from being around creative people or hearing about their projects. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete